Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The big catch!


Finally after several false alarms, and a half dozen barracuda I caught a fish that we could eat!!!

On our sail across the New Providence channel I hooked this 38 inch 15 pound Mahi Mahi!


Wow what a beautiful fish, it's a neon show in the water, the colors in this photo are nothing to when it was alive in the water, it took my breath away! I kept calling to Anita to look at the color of this fish, it's startling how bright these guys are in the wild!


We managed to gaff him and board him. We put him on ice and cleaned him when we got to little harbour, the we dined on him the next night with the 4 boats over to ours! Tis Good had caught a even big one a couple of days earlier so they brought theirs over also so we ate like kings that night!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: